Saturday, September 7, 2013

8 Weeks 5 days

Pregnancy has not been all flowers and sunshine. I do not feel the happiest nor the healthiest I've ever been in my life. The women that told you you'd feel like a million bucks, they lied. I'm sure there are some women out there that feel amazing. Gosh I wish I was one of them.

Pregnancy has made me absolutely miserable. I throw up at least 3 times a day and if I'm not throwing up I feel like I'm going to. I have to pee again before I've even left the bathroom and I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row in 4 weeks.

No one ever told me how lousy I'd feel. I guess if they tell you have miserable the first trimester really is you won't get pregnant.

The last month has been a real roller coaster. Getting the house ready for sale has been a lot of work. My husband has been wonderfully attentive and has bent over backwards to make sure I (and baby) get whatever I need.

We've made it past the most scary part of the first trimester. Our chances of miscarriage have now dropped down to about 5%. Did you know that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage? Well, they do. Talk about a lot of pressure on a woman and her uterus!

We told our parents a couple weeks ago, which means most of my parents' friends know now too. Several of our friends have been told but we're keeping it really quiet until we get through the first trimester. I guess that means we're doing our best to keep it off Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment